Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day: In case you thought it was national bbq day

Memorial Day

Today I wanted to remember and honor my GrandFather along with all the women & men who served our nation.  They are our heros!!!  We honor you and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your service, dedication, strength, and perserverance for our freedom! 

I found this picture on Pinterest and how many of us know that a picture is worth a million words.  Some families don't have their love ones anymore.  Freedom is not free, at times it will cost you everything.







This is my Grandfather who served in the Navy.  I love him so much and want to honor him.  He just came out of heart surgery and I am so thankful that I still have him.  I love you grandpa!


He's so handsome


I can't believe he would jump out of airplanes!  Yikes!


Proud to be an American


My grandpa is the one in the middle with the helmet on.





..."It is impossible for a democracy to endure if the political lines are drawn to coincide with class lines. The resulting government, whether of the upper or of the lower class, is not a government of the whole people, but a government of part of the people at the expense of the rest.".... Theodore Roosevelt


My Grandfather top row in middle, Great Grandmother & Father, along with my Great Uncles


This picture is of my grandparents my dad (in yellow) and my aunt.



I love my Grandfather, he has always been the man I have looked up to with admiration!  When I was a little girl he would take me to the park, to the hardware store, cruising in our pink bomber, he would even take me to the bar to have a glass of milk with red pistachios.  He was the only one who called my by my middle name, Denise.  He showered me with so much love and attention!  He would crack me up because he would always tell me how pretty I was, and because he is a jokester, he would end it by saying, "pretty ugly" I would start cracking up right after!  He was a great father to my daddy, a successful business entrepreneur, loving husband, and especially the BEST GRANDFATHER A GIRL COULD ASK FOR!!!

He walked me down the aisle of my wedding and for our dance he chose the song, "I hope you dance" by LeeAnn Womack. Thanks for coming along with me down memory lane!


So if there is someone that you should honor in your life, please do so, life is so fragile!  I always spill my heart and can't hold back, and when I do, it does my heart good!

Hugs & Kisses,
Angela~Creator of Hephzi

No comments: